Saturday 29 June 2013

Fort William, Val di Sole and Leogang.

The long awaited journey to this land of good times and sick trails, finally is a reality. I have been here for just about 26 days now and so much has happened already. Not having the best of luck at my first three races but gaining that experience is helping me out immensely.


First World Cup at Fort William, Scotland was and most probably will be the best atmosphere to a race anywhere, ever. I had practice day on the Friday for about 3 hours then timed runs in the afternoon, I used this time to practice and learn more as I had never been there before, unlike many of the other riders which have raced on it multiple times for english or scottish races or just the world cups. The track was rough and fast. Qualifying was on Saturday in the afternoon, to Qualify for a World Cup being a women, you have to be in the top 20 to race. For the Men it is top 80. My run was extremely average, making a few mistakes but not pushing it enough. I ended up with 29th position which I wasn't happy with but had fun riding that track after many years of watching it on movies. Also was good weekend for the other kiwi riders with Brook Macdonald getting 2nd and Sam Blenkinsop in 4th! chhhhheeeeo  




After the Fort we drove back down to Manchester after the race to stay with my grandparents for the night. Extreamly handy and so good to go back and see them! Love you Nana and Grandpa! xoxo The drive to Val Di Sole was a long 17 hours, driving to Dover to catch the ferry which took us to france. We arrived in Val di sole on the Tuesday afternoon. Bryn drove though out the night while we slept. thanks m8!!!!!!!!!!

Val Di Sole will be one of my favorite tracks on the World Cup circuit. It is waiiild. Steep, rocky, rooty , massive holes , rough, just a perfect real downhill track. Riding it is fine, but doing it with speed and control is...another story. I rode Val Di sole in 2011, my first ever World Cup..loose. I was loving the track so much. Friday was Qualifying, disaster struck the moment I woke. I was very sick. Throwing up everything and just not having a good time. I managed to do two practice runs in the morning whilst feeling quite horrible. I had a few hours to kill in-between then and quailfying so i stayed in the shade and tried to eat and drink. I ended up throwing that up also about 45 minutes before my run. It felt a lot better after I was sick though so i went up the hill not thinking about it and doing my normal warm up routine. Aim was to get down the hill in a clean run. eh no comprehendo . I ended up having and crash and a spew in my helmet on the way down...yes it was very delish. I was sick last time I was at Val di Sole swell but a lot worse. Thinking it was the river or something I ate. Unsure but ohwell. Just not very ideal timing. 

Leogang IXS was next on the agenda, after riding at Leogang last year for World Champs I knew what the track was like. After coming from the wildest track to leogang.. quite disappointing as it is fast with not too much technical and peadly in the middle. the rain came on seeding run which made it more interesting. I was enjoying the track by race run, but I ended up getting a flat tyre in my race run which was disappointing. At least it wasn't the World Cup. 

chow bellla xooxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment