Wednesday 22 August 2012

Wiriehorn Swiss Cup

Wiriehorn Swiss Cup was last weekend  and I did not know what to expect, driving for 3 hours from morzine trying to find it was the first thing to achieve. No GPS just general geographical in-stinks, we managed to detour via McDonalds for a healthy meal and drive into the darkness of the tiny ski resort of Wiriehorn on Thursday night.
On the Friday was track walk and a few hours of practice. After the track walk, I was wondering which bike I should run, a trail or downhill. A mint rising gradient up a road for about 200-300 meters near the bottom looked like a killer and soooo much fun.. It was mostly open with rocky gravely dirt, the track was different but everyone had to accept it for who it was. To add to the excitement of riding the track the temperature was 40 degrees plus!! No way man!! Thank the river which ran along the bottom were the injured New Zealand boys ( Matt Walker and Jake Robinson who broke their collarbones unfortunately ) built a sick dam which recovered insane over heating and muscles after a run down the hill.

Saturday was seeding but the only that got me to the bottom of the hill was the damn dam. I must have wanted to get down too quickly because I got real wild up the top which made me chill out for the rest of the track, making sure i didn't come off and make any huge mistakes. I ended up with a time of 5.19 which I knew I could cut down time on. 
Race Day was once again too hot but smashed out a few runs out in the morning when it was a bit cooler. When my run came around it was probably the hottest part of the day, trying to stay in the shade as much as possible but got down with cleanish run and a time of 5.11 which placed me 6th in elite and 2nd junior. I was happy with this result. 

Drove back to Morzine after the race and staying here till sunday which then we will pack the  white lightning van up for the big kahuna of a race, finally, World Champs in Austria. Im SOOO EXCITED!! I have feelings which I cannot describe! Its going to be a unforgettable experience and one step closer to my dream!  YEOOOOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment