Wednesday 26 February 2014

Queenstown

Relocating to Queenstown for the summer has been awesome!! So much riding and so many activities to be done!  Working a full time job Monday to Friday doing gardening, saving up for  2014 overseas racing adventure. 




Queenstown has been so good for my riding, having the gondola very assessable as it is open till 8pm, so riding Downhill after work isn't hard at all. Also Wynyard just down the road with Dream track and Mini Dream jump park has been very good practice for my jumping skills and my confidence with jumping is so much higher now. Also Gorge Road, the renowned dirt jump park with the most amazing lines, sculpted perfectly for Bmxers and Mountain bikers. I have been down there on some of the boys dirt jump bikes, practicing as it is a very good skill to have. 

Coronet Peak is so much fun with awesome trail riding tracks which you can just bomb down, ahh endless amount of tracks I could go on about all day! Its a pretty decent place to live, if you love riding your bike. 

With NZ nationals this year I was able to race two, Christchurch and Nelson. In christchurch I  placed 2nd in Elite and at Nelson I was 1st, it is my faveourite track swell so was very happy :) 

Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago I had a big crash on my Downhill bike up the Gondola, a big over the bars and flying though the air to landing on my back very hard. And a trip to the hospital..  The ground up there when it hasn't rained for a few weeks, it is rock hard. SO HARD. Two weeks out from National Champs after I had been feeling so confident and felt like I was progressing well on my bike, I was unable to race Nationals because my back is yet to recover fully. Muscular damage / Muscle spasm has kept me off my bike since then. I could hardly move when I first did it but it is getting better with the Physio, stretching and resting that I have been advised to do. 

Very disappointed at the inconvenient timing that this happened, as Oceanias is in less than 3 weeks and am still having many problems with it. I know I will not be in top form for oceanias as missing out on so much training and riding time will defiantly effect me. Time will tell and I shall see how it is by then. 

Main goals are for the World Cups and international racing this year, so I will focus on them.  Injury happens and especially in downhill you have to expect it every now and then..

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment